What are the advantages and disadvantages of synthetic resin roof tiles? What is the difference between synthetic resin roof tiles and tin tiles?
- By: xingfarooftile
- Date: 2022/10/13
The advantages of synthetic resin roof tiles are as follows:
1. Lightweight, but heavy-duty: Because synthetic resin roof tiles are chemical products, their weight is relatively light, and our installation will become simple and convenient, this can reduce the load-bearing of the house. The synthetic resin roof tile is light, but its compressive and impact resistance is very strong, even if the surface of the synthetic resin roof tile is hit hard, it will not crack.
2. Fire rating B1, fire resistance, and corrosion resistance: houses are very important for fire safety issues. The fire rating of synthetic resin roof tiles is B1, which meets the national fire protection standards for roofing materials. And it has good corrosion resistance, even if it is exposed to the natural environment, sun and rain, and seasonal changes, it will not be corroded and aged.
3. Synthetic resin roof tiles can heat and sound insulation: The sound insulation effect of synthetic resin roof tiles is very good, which can isolate noise from the outside, and the heat insulation effect of synthetic resin roof tiles is good, which can provide people with a more comfortable environment.
4. Synthetic resin roof tile is green and environmentally friendly: Although it is produced by a chemical process, synthetic resin roof tile is environmentally friendly and recyclable.
The disadvantages of synthetic resin roof tiles are as follows:
1. Not resistant to high temperature: The resin tile cannot withstand more than 70 ℃, otherwise it is easy to deform.
2. Thermal expansion and cold contraction: Synthetic resin roof tiles will expand and contract with heat, and will change due to temperature differences when it is in an environment of minus 30 °C. Therefore, when the length of a synthetic resin roof tile does not exceed 6.5 meters, it is easy to expand and contract due to thermal expansion.
Compared with tin tiles, synthetic resin roof tiles are made of ASA raw materials. Synthetic resin roof tiles have excellent weather resistance, high toughness, high strength, good processability, and stable color. Xingfa’s synthetic resin roof tiles have good shielding properties, and there will be no water seepage and cracking when encountering natural phenomena. At the same time, synthetic resin roof tiles have excellent thermal insulation properties. Synthetic resin roof tiles are insulating products, and they will remain intact in case of accidental discharge and will not cause harm to people.
Tin tiles are made of iron. While the iron coating of a tin tile provides corrosion resistance and protects the material, it cannot avoid rusting. Rain or snow may accelerate the rusting process, shorten the service life of the iron tile, cause the iron tile to be easily aged, and be prone to water seepage when it rains. As we all know, iron is not an insulating product. In the event of rain, accidental discharge can be dangerous to human life.
Xingfa synthetic resin roof tiles have a good sound insulation effect. Experiments have shown that Xingfa synthetic resin roof tiles can withstand the influence of external noise such as heavy rain and strong wind, and have a good sound absorption effect. People using tin tiles may experience noise. When hail or rain increases, the load-bearing capacity of its roof decreases.
So to ensure a good roof, it is recommended to use Xingfa’s synthetic resin roof tiles to eliminate this inconvenience.
As we all know, waterproof treatment is very important in the decoration process, and resin tiles will also waterproof the joints of the roof during construction, so what are they?
First, at the skylight, before installing the roof tiles, fix the metal plates on both sides of the skylight to the roof slope. After installing the roof tiles downhill, cover the metal drain plates on the tiles.
Secondly, some houses have chimneys, and this place cannot be ignored. The chimneys intersect with the roof tiles on all sides, which can be divided into frontal flooding and bending flooding. Flashing on the front means that the roof tile is located on the slope of the structure. The metal plate can be customized according to the size of the site. The lower end is fixed under the waistline of the structure, and the upper end is fixed on the lower purlin of the roof tile.
Secondly, some houses have chimneys, which intersect with the roof tiles on all sides, which can be divided into frontal flashing and bending flashing. Front flashing means that the roof tile is located on the slope of the structure, and the metal plate can be customized according to the size of the site.
Another important point is the drainage treatment around the dormer window. Drainage grooves should be set on both sides above the dormer window, and the installation and construction should be handled by the gable, water tank, and chimney flooding methods. The rear eaves and eaves of the house should also be treated with drainage, and the eaves below should be protected at the same time. The cornice is made of a metal drip board or synthetic resin cornice, and the roof edge is extended inward by 100mm and bent down to cover the cornice.
The above-mentioned points are all waterproofing treatments performed during the construction of resin tiles, which should be standardized and constructed carefully. In addition, I would like to remind everyone that the resin tile accessories must be complete, otherwise some small details will not be handled properly, which will eventually lead to the roof leaking.